Saturday, November 24, 2007

Face tweaking

He's got some ears, but they need to be cleaned up.

I also stretched the face, not so sure I like it.

The snout's giving me some trouble.




I contacted a woman in Australia about making a teddy bear Kanon, but I've yet to hear back from her. I also talked to Brittany about making a bear. She said it was do-able, but expensive. DX Sooo... I probably won't make one for a little while. ::sulk::

BUT! I found one at the store that was just 2 inches shy from being perfect (Kanon should be 14 inches tall and this one was 16) so I snagged him. I'm now looking up how to make tutus.

The cutest part, he came with a mini bear. SO maybe if I have some left over material I'll make that one a tutu too and I'll have big and little Kanon! :)

I'll hopefully make my own Kanon anyway, but if that doesn't fall through I'll always have this one to have sitting on my table during portfolio.

EDIT!:
I figured out what was going on with his ear. When I stretched out parts of his face I guess some verteci didn't get selected.

Here's a cleaner close up of his fixed ear:


He's been a real challenge so far. I've never really modeled anything like this, both in method and subject. The ears were something that gave me a lot of trouble, but I think they turned out alright. Next is his snout which has been a nightmare.

No comments: